3.06.2012

Lots of Art Happenings in New York City this week.

Last night I went to figure drawing at the Brooklyn Artist's Gym with Jeff Faerber. Luckily Jeff keeps me informed about cool stuff happening around the city. I've been really busy working on some fun deadlines so it's difficult to pry me out of the studio.

However who can pass up Saber Sketch with the New York Jedi? Yep, you are not imagining things. Here's a youtube preview. I've never been before, but I'm afraid I might like it. It's going down Thursday night March 8th from 7 to 10 at the Art Students League of New York.




Unfortunately, at the exact same time one of my favorite artists Odd Nerdrum is having an opening at the Forum Gallery. The Forum and the League aren't too far from each other so I might go crazy and try to do both.


 

Oh no but wait there's more Volta NY and The Armory Show are also going on Thursday. But those go through the 11th so I will probably catch those on another day. Let me know if you'll be at any of these events.

karichristensen.com 
twitter: @kariartwork

No comments:

Post a Comment